Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Drift Walk"

     My "Drift Walk" started on Arlington Ave. and Commercial Row.  I then headed in a southerly direction going a little south west then south east and back to where I began.  I went down streets, around the river, down some alleys and through some abandoned parking lots.
     The thing that really stuck out to me was all the garbage, shopping carts and even feces, human or animal?, that was in spots under and around bushes, and in the corners and hidden away parts of the abandoned parking lots.  It was obvious to me that people had spent some time there.









     One question I asked myself was; why all the garbage and feces, where people obviously spent time?  Is this how they would live in their own homes?  Is their depth of despair really that low?  So how does anyone go from that depth to any type of normalcy?  There needs to be a middle ground.

1 comment: